Wednesday, January 29, 2014

House Finch - SOLD


"House Finch"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Auction

This was previously painted in 2012 for a challenge. I chose to create a blurred background to show the focus on the bird & it's seed. I wanted to show this little guy in the act of eating seed - although he does seem to be staring at us as well!

I have a feeder in my yard. In fact, I had to buy a new one - got a handy, dandy, 3 sided mega tube feeder that is "squirrel proof." Well, its been squirrel proof so far, but only because they haven't figured it out yet!

It's been so cold that these poor little birds need constant seed to keep their energy levels up. Along with the house finches I also have cardinals, blue jays, doves & a few larks. It can get very busy out in the yard some days. 


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

He's beautiful, Nancie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...