Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Connecticut Home


Commissioned Piece - NFS
9 x 12 Acrylic on canvas panel

This home portrait is for a client in Connecticut. I am still amazed at how different the styles of homes are from state to state. As I said before, I would love to do 1 home portrait from each state in the US. It would be great to compare them all to one another!

This home was a tough challenge. Similar to one home I recently painted, this one had no direct photograph of the overall home. This was again a jig saw puzzle to combine into 1 portrait, and I did spend a few extra hours changing a few things. I am calling it done before i work it too much! 

And don't you love the red flowers across the front of the home? They really do pop against all the green. And again, I love adding the dappled shade to the lawn.

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Une oeuvre qui ne manque pas de caractère... J'aime ce jeu de lumière qui danse sur la pelouse... Une très belle propriété et une magnifique peinture.
Gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

What a gorgeous home!! I'd love to see the inside of that place. You did a wonderful job, Nancie.

Nan Johnson said...

Merci & thank you! I too, am captivated by the shadow & light dance on lawn. I remember seeing it as a child & I think painting it today brings me back to that happy place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...