Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Tenant


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in 2011, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW

at a very affordable starting bid!

This birdhouse is the most popular rental I have! Every summer it is occupied - 2 different broods this summer! I am also very happy to see that my Dogwood tree is have a new growth spurt this year. For a while it was losing leaves & branches were breaking off. This year, lots of leaves and it had many flowers again, and it looks like plenty of red berries for the birds to eat before they start their migration.

Although I love the colors of fall, and the crisp air of autumn, I am always a little sad at the end of August to see summer leave. 

2 comments:

jill polsby said...

But what breed of birds.....don't leave me hanging on the edge of the dogwood tree, breathlessly awaiting an avian identification!!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a cute little house! I could happily live in just such a place, though I'm sure I'd like the inside a bit more posh! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...