Thursday, August 15, 2013

Red Soles - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I have had the idea of these red soled high heels for some time now, but it wasn't until a cousin of mine posted an image that I was able to put down in paint what I saw in my mind. The crossed legs were the missing piece - that bit of extra character that these shoes needed. 

I had tried the legs with a pinkish skin tone - didn't work. I then tried it with a dark brown skin tone - didn't work, the brown tones did not work with the black shoes. (I have a thing about brown & black colors together, they don't work together well in my mind). So I opted for the dark stockings with purple tints. It let the legs stand on their own (no pun intended), but they didn't take away from the shoes. 

Because, after all, it's all about the shoes, isn't it?


4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I see those types of shoes, look at my big wide feet and cringe. Oh to be young and thin again!

Virginia Floyd said...

Love the red soles. And I enjoyed reading about how you arrived at the final version.

Nancy Goldman said...

You're right about the crossed legs and the black stockings. The painting is perfect!

renate said...

Hello Nan:) Love these kind of paintings. Beautifully done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...