Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 in 30 Days - Day 8 - Snow on Juniper 1


Acrylic on 3x5 canvas board
Available through DPW gallery

I may have found a key to keeping up with the 30 days challenge - reduce the size of the canvas and pick simpler subjects! This is a small 3 x 5 inch canvas board with a simple design of some Juniper branches & berries with snow. So far I've done a couple of these, I may do some more this size with the same type of simple design. These go faster than the other paintings I've done so far, but this smaller size will give me a chance to catch my breath during the week. A larger painting could be done throughout the week, or on the weekend.

This was FUN to paint! The background, the branches & green needles. Some blue berries & then a nice, simple coating of snow. Maybe I should another with a large coating of snow! 

I will be putting these smaller ones up for sale at my DPW gallery - I will skip the auction on them & simply offer them at $15 each plus shipping. So watch for more of these little treasures to be posted - it's a good way to buy a few, inexpensive originals that you can keep at your desk, computer or bookshelf.

Click here to see all paintings in Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge

2 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

So pretty and simple, Nan. I to find that smaller and less detail is more workable. Nice work.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh Nancie! This is just delightful and I'm so glad you thought of a way to make this 30 days project work for you. And it is indeed a wonderful way too. I think this is just so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...