Sunday, January 13, 2013

30 in 30 days - Day 12 - Hanging Basics

Acrylic on 3x5 canvas board
Available through DPW gallery

Quick little painting of laundry on the line, basic white laundry that is! I have to admit that I fussed with this one quite a bit, and repainted things also. For instance, on the left I had 2 socks hanging. Couldn't get them right, so changed it. Also the back line of green, it went across first, then went up/down over a hill, then changed to be an opposite diagonal of the clothesline. When it was straight across it seemed dull, boring. When it was the hill going up/down it was wonky (such a word?). But the opposite diagonal I like, makes it more interesting.

Just something a little different!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fun and eye catching.
One would not know that you struggled with it.
Very fresh.

Unknown said...

If you wouldn't have said that you've changed it a lot, I'd never think so! It looks wonderful!
And this picture reminds me of my grandmother's yard back in Ukraine, she was hanging laundry like that all the time, such a sweet memory! Thank you :)

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

There is something so appealing about laundry hanging out on a line...I love this!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful spring-like and fresh colors. I'm imagining the flapping sound in the wind and the clean and fresh scent of laundry hung on a line to dry.

Nan Johnson said...

Thanks Carol, I had hoped the green/blue background would be eye catching.

Thank you Irina - so glad my art piece could give a moment with your grandmother. Love when that happens

Thanks Claire - couldn't agree more. Love laundry on a line.

And thank you Sherry, you are so right - I can almost smell the clean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...