Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bailey

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
NFS

This is one of two dog portraits I was recently commissioned to paint. They will be Christmas presents for a few dog owners.

I always worry when I do a person's child or pet - I worry about capturing their character and personality. (although I have to admit, I find pets easier to capture than children!) Bailey is an adorable cock-a-poo that seems to be a big fluff-ball more than anything else! I only hope the owner is happy with this painting (the person giving it as a gift thinks it's perfect). 

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Je suis certaine que le propriétaire ce cet adorable toutou est enchanté d'avoir ce portrait...
Il n'est jamais évident de peindre sur commande.
Très jolie capture.

Gros bisous.

Autumn Leaves said...

It IS perfect, Nan. I think the way you've captured that somewhat sardonic expression lends well to the personality idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...