Sunday, October 7, 2012

Make a Big Wish - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

One more candle painting in my "Make a Wish" series. I thought, why not go full blaze - so there are many candles in the little cupcake. On this one, you can make a very big wish!

I started this last weekend, but just kept putting it aside as I worked on it. I just couldn't get happy with it. First, the background of balloons - I put a wash of white over it, then changed & put a wash (or 2-3) of payne's gray to dull it back a bit. Then I worked on the candles - wasn't happy with the blue. Remixed, repainted, remixed again. Same with the icing, the cupcake paper and the flames. It took it a bit, but I'm happy with it now. So many paintings I do, I am unhappy with at first, and want to toss them away. I need to stop reacting to the ugly stages, and be patient. It will get better!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

You sure know how to throw a party, Nan. It is bigger than life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...