Sunday, September 16, 2012

Summer Tenant


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I have mentioned before, that I have this old, wood birdhouse out in my Dogwood tree. And every year it is lived in my a new family of sparrows who set up house for the summer. Many broods of babies are hatched in this house, are fed by their parents, and then venture out for their first flight. Every spring, it is the first house in my trees that is occupied - I believe it is a favorite among the birds.

One summer day, the babies were busy poking their heads out the door - looking for the parents and some food. I took numerous photos and decided I needed to paint one of them. I loved how the sunlight was casting dappled shade on the side of the house, while the tiny head & beak were poking their way out the door. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...