Saturday, September 15, 2012

Red Flowers, Lilac Curtains


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I like interior images that offer a view of the outside. I think it ties in with wanting windows everywhere to let in the light, and bring the outside in!

This piece does not fail to deliver on this. The vase of flowers on the table in the foreground is complimented by the background greens & wood of the outside living space. The lilac curtain, and lilac walls help to frame the Image as well.

And my favorite part in this piece, is the lilac braid that is the curtain tie back! Funny how such simple strokes with a brush can give the eye all it needs to "see" what is there.


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I remember this piece and it is just so beautifully homey in my kind of style. The braid IS indeed beautiful Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...