Monday, May 21, 2012

Stay Within the Lines -- SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
SOLD - prints available through Fine Art America

I have been struggling lately with painting. Seems I start paintings only to become discouraged & stop. I told a friend of mine I've been in an "art funk" of late - can't seem to connect. 

So I'm reposting this painting from some months ago - as a way to maybe find that inner child again. You know, the one who loved her box of Crayola crayons. And the one who worked so hard to stay within the lines. Yes, that's the one - maybe she can get me out of my funk. 


Once before when I went into this dark mood, I bought a coloring book & small box of crayons. And I "colored" the images, staying within the lines. And I did one page with all the "proper" colors (oh, my kindergarten teacher would be so proud) -- and then I did the next page with all the "wrong" colors (same teacher who said apples were only red). And I was able to reconnect to the joy of "coloring." 



Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. :)


5 comments:

martinealison said...

Parfois on ressent le besoin de faire un break... mais pour mieux repartir à chaque fois!
gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

I am also in an art funk, Nancie. For me only time takes me out of them. I'm still trying to work on a piece and have another that I want to do as well. Unfortunately work and struggles with getting the image correct tend to drop me into a funk.

I still love this painting and always adored a new box of crayons and a new coloring book.

Virginia Floyd said...

Sorry you are in an art funk. I think we all go through those from time to time. I hope you can work through it and enjoy painting again.

And I always enjoyed a new box of Crayolas. I even loved the smell.

Jo Mackenzie said...

I haven't painted long enough to experience an art funk.I do get discouraged from time to time but I have an inner voice that says just paint and more will be revealed.
I enjoyed your story about your rigid art teacher in the past.
In the meantime I will be looking for your work at DPW.

Helen said...

Love, love, love this painting! Who doesn't love sharp crayons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...