Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Artist


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Who hasn't seen the artist, busy at work at an art/craft fair. I spotted this woman at a crafts fair a year or so ago and couldn't resist painting her painting. Her booth was so colorful, so alive - and she was busy creating amongst all the chatter and busy business. It was a delightful later summer day, no humidity and a cool breeze coming through the tree tops. The dappled sunlight was everywhere and just added to the scene. My favorite item in this? The hat she had atop her easel - there just in case the sun was too much!


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I seem to remember this piece and my favorite part is the sock on her leg. Don't ask me why, maybe just because it makes her so real. I wouldn't have a clue as to what a nice warm day without humidity feels like here in IL. Rare that one comes without the other.

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like this painting Nan. You've captured that look of intensity that we all get while we're painting. Love the colors too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...