Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Everything Store


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is my second submission for this months VPO excursion to the isle of Elba. The original Google link can be seen here.

I love urban scenes. I love busy scenes with lots of color. And this scene has it all - well, a person or two may have been fun, but the scene was so busy as it is. I wanted to capture all of those colors and shapes. This was one of those paintings where I mixed colors galore, and often made a new color for a single small spot. I also couldn't resist that stone walkway and had to play with that as well.

I don't know if there is enough time to do a third for this location. I love Elba and there are just so many areas to explore - I think I have many screen captures from the Google map, and I may be painting them long after the VPO has ended!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

You did a masterful job with this scene, Nan. I have to say that this is the best awning I've ever seen! Lloyd has good taste!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...