Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Cake Top


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously done in February of 2010 - this wedding cake top was a photo from a friend. I loved the 3 red roses and all the assorted whites surrounding it, not to mention the greens for contrast. I chose to do the blue background to help make the flower top just "pop" - and I think it works very well. I also liked working on the Baby Breath - adding in the delicate white flowers to help anchor the whole arrangement. I think this is one of my favorite flower arrangements to paint.

And don't you just want to run your finger through that frosting & taste it??!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

You did a beautiful job on the texture of that frosting edge, Nan! What a wonderful piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...