Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Annie - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
SOLD - prints available through Fine Art America

This was done for this weeks challenge on DPW, the white on white challenge. I love to interpret white with paint, and in this case, I went with the violet hues to indicate the subtle shadows in the fur. Then went with a yellow wash to the background behind the cat. 

The title of this piece, Annie, is for my friends cat. She had a beautiful, pure white cat she named Annie. A beautiful fluff ball of white fur with vivid green eyes, Annie lived to be 18 years old - a very good, long life for a cat. When painting white on white was posted as the challenge I thought to do a white cat against a white background, and Annie immediately came to mind. 

4 comments:

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like this Nan. The close up view along with those intense green eyes make this a stunning painting.

renate said...

Hai Nan:) I commented your painting already on DPW but now I can see it larger:) and closer. The eyes are so nice and the nose too! The background is excellent chosen! Very nice!

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you Nancy & renate. I thought the green eyes were so captivating, I knew I had to crop in close to them.

Autumn Leaves said...

Look at those gorgeous emerald eyes! Beautiful job, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...