Saturday, December 10, 2011

BFF Squirt

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Not For Sale

This is Squirt, my best buddy. He is a long-haired doxie, standard size (about 33 pounds & not fat). He's a big boy for sure. We got his as a puppy about 13 years ago and he's been the best thing in my life (other than my husband)! He is quite the character, has selective hearing, LOVES food of any kind, and really knows how to turn on the charm when visitors arrive. That adorable face has gotten him many a "cookie" (which is the magic word for doxies by the way. Hard to train? A bit, unless of course, you have a cookie in your hand).

This was done & submitted for the DPW Best Friend challenge of last week. This is the first painting I've done of Squirt - have always been afraid to tackle all that fur. Glad I finally did one of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Squirt is beautiful, Nan. And by the way...male=selective hearing. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...