Friday, November 11, 2011

Saluto - SOLD

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This wonderful image of shadows & wine was the Different Strokes challenge in the Acrylics section on Wet Canvas done back in August of 2010. The original post can be read here. This is one of my personal favorites which you can tell from reading the original post. I honestly believe we paint better if we have a personal attachment to the subject.  This was one of my first attempts at painting glass - I found it both challenging & rewarding as an artist.



2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful painting, Nan. I went back and read your touching story about your grandfather. Weren't you lucky to have those family memories?

The shadows here are beautiful. I was interested in your color palette. I think I'll have to add dioxazine purple to my palette. I have it in my paint box, but I don't usually put it out.

I also love the textured effect of the table cloth. You've got me guessing at how you achieved that. Anyway, very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the shadows, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...