Sunday, October 2, 2011

Monarch - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
SOLD - prints available through Fine Art America

"Monarch" was painted back in January of this year, for the Paint & Draw Together challenge. The original blog post, along with my story about the butterfly variety, is available by clicking here. I have a definite attraction for butterflies and always look for their visits to my garden.

This painting is now for sale/auction at my DPW gallery - and this is the last of the previous paintings I have chosen to upload for sale at this time. I will probably add others as times goes by, but I also want to upload some of the newer works as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites, Nancie. I saw a perfect and oh so beautiful butterfly just like this that had died next to a bush at my daughter's place. I've been thinking of it ever since but at least now I know for sure it was a Monarch.

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Another lovely piece Nan. I especially like the perspective on the leaves. Gives a wonderful sense of depth to the painting.Colors are precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...