Thursday, October 27, 2011

Barn with Rail Fence - SOLD


Acrylic on 8x10 Stretched Canvas
Image continued on all 4 sides
Available through DPW gallery/auction


Painted in May of 2010, this is a knife painting on stretched canvas, measuring 8x10. The painting continues on all 4 sides (staple-free edges). The original post for this can be found here.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed (1) painting barns and (2) painting with knives. This was done with acrylic paints (heavy-body). The paint on the canvas is not terribly thick, but there is a bit of tooth to it in areas.

Hmmmm..... funny how relooking at some of your old work and rekindle a feeling. I now have the itch to do more knife work, which is not a bad thing at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this piece, Nan. The tall field grasses are just gorgeous, so autumn-y!

Nancy Goldman said...

There's something very comforting about barn paintings. It must remind me of my Grandparents farm.
I really like this painting Nan and I understand the pull of the palette knife. Painting with a palette knife is so much fun. I think I'll get back to that. It's been too long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...