Sunday, September 25, 2011

Waterfront Property - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction 


I did this as a birthday present for a very good friend of mine, only to discover that the size (12x6) is not available in ready made mats. I had wanted to give it to her, matted but not framed, but don't have the time available to wait for the custom mats. I will have to start doing my own matts, but again, a little short on time & didn't want my first cut mat to be done for a present. (my last cut mat was back in college!)

So.....

Ran to Michaels this morning and bought 4 6x6 gallery-wrapped square canvas's -- with 2 inch sides. And then, repainted the beach scene on the 4 canvas's. I had to extend the image to the right since I had the additional canvas pieces. Total size now is 24 x 6, and all sides on all canvas's are painted.



I am quite pleased with both renditions of this beach scene. I will give her the 4-part, which allows her to stand them, or frame them, or hang them unframed. I haven't done one of this style painting in a while -- I forgot how versatile they are. The 4 parts can be hung close together, like I show them, or evenly spaced apart as well. Since the scene continues on all 4 sides of each canvas, nothing will be look "unfinished" when it is hung.

Please excuse any glare on these photos - as I took the photos after the finish was applied. 

Since I am giving the 4-part version as a gift, the original 12 x6 version (which I think looks just as nice) will go up for sale on my DPW gallery. 

4 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Aren't you clever! I know your friend will love your gift. It's a beautiful scene. Well done!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh so beautiful indeed! Love both versions and the uniqueness of the 4 pieces...wow! You always amaze, Nan, and I've loved watching you blossom through your blog!

padmaja said...

I loved both the versions but personally leaning more towards the 4 pieces .. they provide a greater panoramic view that is amazing!

Nancy Goldman said...

These are both so nice Nancie. I especially like how you painted the four canvases and the versatility that gives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...