Friday, September 30, 2011

Bottle of Red


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction 

Bottle of Red is not that old, done in June of this past year. For some reason, it did not make it over onto my DPW gallery via the auto feeds. So I'm reposting it now & seeing if it will pull over.

This was done in my "shapes" style of painting, and was for a challenge on Paint & Draw Together. I really do like to work with red - it is such a powerful color. And it always makes me feel good, and alive, after I've worked with it. If not careful though, red can overpower a painting. Just like composition can make or break a painting, as can the range of values - so can the abundance of a color (particularly a strong color like red). I will say one thing about red in a painting, it demands attention - even if it isn't the focal point!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember both this and the last piece, I think, Nancie. Love the bright colors so much and your artistic vision!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...