Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boo

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
NFS 

A good friend of mine recently had to put her dog down. Boo was an adorable little dog that Nancy had adopted, but found out the poor thing had a bad heart. Nancy cared for this little dog and gave her the best life she could - caring for her, taking her to vets & giving her medication. Boo had a good, albeit short, life thanks to Nancy & her devoted ways. 

Nan mourned the loss of her little friend, and so I patiently waited until a moment came when she could talk/write about her with more ease. I then asked/offered to do a painting of Boo - with the stipulation that if the painting wasn't good, she didn't have to take it.

She hasn't seen this yet - unless, of course, she is reading this now. So I don't know whether she likes it or not, but I have to say, I'm rather pleased with how it came out. I was very nervous when I first put brush to canvas, but as I started doing strokes of fur, I relaxed and enjoyed rendering the little dog. The little dog that I had never met, but I spoke to Boo throughout the painting as if I had known her. As my friend had said when I first made the suggestions "yes, you can put it up on your web and we'll immortalize the Boo!" And so here she is, immortalized on my blog! 

I love dogs and I am finding that I love to paint them as well - it seems to go hand-in-hand. 

6 comments:

jill polsby said...

You got the sweet look of that little dog. How could your friend not weep, once again, when she sees it?

jill polsby said...

I think I already commented on the sweetness of this little dog that you captured. How could she not weep, once again, when you given her this painting? Wonderful gift!

Barbara said...

Beautiful job and a touching story.

Autumn Leaves said...

You've painted a gorgeous little Chihuahua named Boo, Nancie. She is so pretty and it always breaks my heart when anyone loses their beloved pets. I know how Nancy is feeling and I know she will so love this painting.

yasha said...

What a lovely painting and it would definitely make Nancy more than happy.

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Such a bittersweet story with such a wonderful painting. You captured the love. I am sure your friend will be pleased.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...