Sunday, May 22, 2011

Traverse de la Tour


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet, without matt/frame
Available through DPW gallery/auction
To purchase/bid, click here.

This month the Virtual Paintout visits the French Riviera. What a place to explore - just so many areas that are full of life - plants, flowers, color, people. It abounds!

I dropped my little man in multiple places, but this one caught my eye. Here's the google link - it is listed as Cannes France. There is actually multiple crops & paintings I could do just from this one screen grab, and I might just do one more painting this month - we'll see if I have time. (I am already behind on some commitments I had promised to do).

The shadow that this building casts really caught my eye, as did the plants and flowers on the building. The stone building in the back left was a nice backdrop also, with the greens above it. You'll see a large, foreground sign if you head over to the google maps - I can not read French but I can guarantee it has something to do with picking up after your dog! I chose to leave that out, although it would make a interesting image in a painting, don't you think?

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Nancie, this is so lovely. The vines and flowers growing around the door are so beautiful!! And I so love stone buildings!

yasha said...

I love the composition Nancie and you beautifully painted the shadows.

Nancy Goldman said...

What a perfect French scene. I looked and looked for something like this but ended up with a rural scene for my virtual paintout submission.

I really like this painting. You've created a strong sense of light and shadow and it's very "French" feeling. Oh la la.

jill polsby said...

Fabulous! I'm so jealous of anyone being able to find something to paint on the virtual paintout site. I wander for hours and hours. And here Nancie's found a darling scene and painted it beautifully! Congratulations on a job well done!

Angela Sullivan said...

I love the blue shadows. So nice. I love your blog

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Lovely painting!! Love the shadow and light shining on the bush in the background!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...