Monday, April 4, 2011

Road to Anywhere

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet, without matt/frame
Available through DPW auction
To purchase, click here.


This was done for the DPW Challenge, this week it is German Landscapes. Two photos were posted and we were told to paint them. That's it, paint them. Edit them, change them - do as we wished. 

I chose to only do this one of the two images - I was captivated by all the greens. And I can never walk away from a road - I love roads & paths, both in life and in photographs & paintings. I have been known to pull over while I'm driving, just so I can grab my camera & take a photo of a road. I have also been known to make a turn while I'm driving, because I have to drive down that seasonal road. I just have to know where it goes. All roads make me wonder where do they go, what do they lead to. It's always been a fascination for me, even as a child on my bicycle. I just had to travel the dirt road. 

This scene could be anywhere really, not just in Germany - hence the name of this piece. This piece is up for sale, and you can find it on my "Art Is Not a Thing - 4 Sale" blog. The DPW Challenge site will also direct you to the 4 Sale blog. It is being sold without a matt or frame.

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet 

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Charmante petite route qui serpente... Vous avez parfaitement rendu la lumière qui baigne ce beau paysage...
Bisous

yasha said...

Great work Nancie!What depth you have achieved here.Beautiful use of green and great play of light.I would love to take a stroll on the road.Its so beautiful.

Isabelle said...

je vous remercie de votre visite sur mon blog.je decouvre le votre qui est tres riche.j'aime particulierement la lumiere qui emane de vos oeuvres.

Autumn Leaves said...

So gorgeous! I love your greens, Nancie! I'm rather like you with the roads. I don't often take photos, but I am often veering off just to see where an interesting looking road leads.

Karla said...

I love how you captured the light in those trees! Lovely!

Virginia Floyd said...

I always admire your work. I think you really improved on the photograph. The contrast between the dark trees in the background and the bright spring greens in the foreground is really lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...