Thursday, February 18, 2010

Glads


A very cold wind is blowing today, making it feel much colder than it really is. This month of February is just getting too wintry - so time for a little bit of spring. This is a large gallery edge painting of a big group of gladiolus flowers. With flowers I tend to paint looser and more "painterly" - something I always strive for but can't do with my landscapes. The background in this, which looks black, is actually a very deep, dark blue.

Acrylic on stretched canvas, 16 x 20


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh now...!!!! These are gorgeous glads! I love the color palette and the dark background. Odd of our differing feelings from the painting; I am reminded of autumn! LOLOL But you are so right; spring hurry up and come!! I don't think I've ever achieved anything remotely loose, or even remotely painterly. My style is simple hodge podge hoping to look like something intentional! LOL Truly a beautiful painting, Nancie!

Nan Johnson said...

Hi Sherry. I finally got the chance to head over to your blog and I love your work! Nothing hodge podge about it. Thank you again for your kind words on the glads. And I suppose the colors in this do lend themselves more to autumn than spring, but I see any flower as a signal to end winter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...