Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Loon

"Loon"
16 x 20 acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
image continues on 1-1/2 inch sides
Email me if interested in this piece

I love loons! They are the most welcomed bird at the lake every spring. They arrive before the crowds of summer people do. Their call is undeniably unique, usually in the early mornings when the lake is calm - when you hear it, you know you've heard a loon!

A link to hear one

I spent quite a bit of time on this one, doing wash after wash on the background but also on the bird's wings. I love how this turned out.

---------------------------------

The link below will bring you to some wonderful music - it's called Loon Summer. I listen to this often when I am painting, in fact, I listed to it exclusively when I painted this! It starts & no matter where I am, I get transported back to the lake. The lake is my happy place!

Enjoy!!






 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...