Sunday, March 5, 2017

On Stilts - SOLD

"On Silts" - Ghana
8 x 8 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Ghana is the location for the March Virtual Paintout. This scene is from an area that is called "village of stilts" and can be seen by clicking here.

Once again, it was the patterns in this that drew me in. The buildings, the stilts, the boat - and the walkway - all caught my eye. I also have a fondness for reflections. To enhance the patterns, I opted to paint the shapes & lines. And although the original image has color, I wanted to enhance them. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Similar to violins from last month's VPO, I took a screen shot and then brought the image into Photoshop to work it. This one did not need a great deal of manipulation or change, the elements were all there. I only wanted to simplify the shapes which was very simple to see & do. 

I'm usually one of the last participants to send in their artwork for the VPO - this time I'm early. I often roam the assigned area for a few days, but this was one of the first images I came across in the Google map for Ghana. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...