Sunday, February 12, 2017

Colorful San Juan

"Colorful San Juan"
9 x 12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This was originally intended to be painted last month and be a part of the Virtual Printout in Puerto Rico. However, it didn't get done in time, but I loved the scene so much I had to paint it. The original Google map link can be seen here.

What attracted me to this scene was ALL the colors. Red doors, blue door, pink buildings, orange buildings, blue roadway. I think every color of the spectrum is in this painting. I wanted to paint something in Puerto Rico that I felt represented it's colorful life and this spot said it perfectly.

What I didn't anticipate was the struggle with all the lines, the perspectives, the angles. This was a true challenge - and I've painted many a home portrait, so I mistakenly thought I could handle this one. Yikes! I fussed with these lines & planes all day, and I still see spots I will go back & refine still. But I've got it where I'm happy. 

There is another view from around that corner that I may paint as a mate to this one. And the pink building has the opposite color doors in the pink building. Love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...