Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Home Sweet Home


This is 1 of 2 recent commissions I finished. This home portrait is to be a Christmas present, so I won't be posting it on my Facebook page. But I'm pretty sure my blog is ok, and I wanted to show what I've been working on.

This wonderful home was fun to paint. The client gave me a few different photos of the home (it's not close enough for me to drive by). I liked this particular one because I liked the inviting approach to the home. And, as with all my home portraits, I like the front door to be the "destination" for the viewers eye. 

The original photo did not show the flowers, but the client did not mind my adding some. I thought the pops of color along the walkway and the front hedges were a nice touch to the scene. And they also helped to draw the eye to the front door. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...