Sunday, April 10, 2016

Gapstow Bridge, NYC

"Gapstow Bridge" - Central Park, NYC
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This painting was done for the current challenge called "Bridges" on the Facebook group "Photos for Artists." It is from a reference photo that was supplied by Photographer Joanne Masias Gustillo. 

I love Central Park in NY - I do not get the chance to walk there much these days. When I worked in the Rockefeller Center area, I use to take walks in the park on nice days. There is so much to see in the park, be it sculptures, scenery or people! It has a long, and fascinating history. Here's a link for a bit of reading on Wikipedia.

There is also a specific central park website, with maps & guides. The Gapstow Bridge can be seen & read about here.

I am finishing another bridge painting from a different artist in the Photos for Artists group - I will post it when it is finished. (or when I'm happy with it, whichever comes first!)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...