Saturday, June 13, 2015

Going Up the Country


"Going Up the Country"
9 x 12 acrylic on canvas panel
commissioned piece - NFS



Sometimes, just sometimes, you do a painting -- and you become so absorbed in the image, the moment in the image, the feelings in the image -- that you are a part of the image. That is this painting, without a doubt.

I am "in love" with this little home in the country. When the photos were sent to me for the commissioned piece I actually felt my heart (soul?) sigh. My whole being relaxed - and that is what "going up the country" means to me.

I spoke to the woman today who commissioned this piece, and she explained that it is to be a gift for someone. This was their mothers cabin in the woods that she had for many years and then passed on to her children. Although this little home was knocked down for a new, bigger home - the family always remember the original with fond memories. My client decided a painting of it would be a wonderful gift.

I think it will be an awesome gift! God, I just look at this painting & I can easily walk up the driveway and into the house! Many times people tell me that they love a painting because they can "see" themselves in it. I think this is definitely one of those paintings.

----------------------------------

Family home, little cabin in the woods, on the lake, in the mountains. Bungalow at the shore, on the beach. Penthouse home in the city. It doesn't matter where it is on this planet, if it's where a piece of your soul is, then it is home. Commissioned paintings done of your favorite memory, location or home - just a little piece of heaven -- your heaven! Contact me to discuss capturing them in a painting.






1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Can so relate to your thoughts on this piece, Nancie. More than once I've seen a home and just knew it was "mine." Alas, it rarely is, but still...I get it. This is just lovely!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...