Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mr. Rainbow Sun - SOLD


It's just about that time of year! Time to prepare to submit this years "sun art" painting. Every year I paint a "sun" painting and it is submitted, along with many other fine artists, to the CBS Sunday Morning sun art library. This year, I am working on 2 submissions - they are still in the works, and I will need to finish them this week to meet the deadline (next Monday).

I've been involved in this annual event for 5 years now, and each year it is fun to decide the type of sun art I want to create. Some years can be downright angst-driven, while others the design simply comes to me. Once they are completed, I will post them - but for now, I thought I'd reintroduce you to the previous suns.

This image was the very first sun art I did, called "Mr. Rainbow Sun" painted in 2011. The original is sold, but I do have a very good quality print on canvas if anyone is interested - just comment or email me. This painting was 12 x 12 square, done on a gallery wrapped canvas. The print is also 12x12 on gallery wrapped canvas, with black edges. You can also order a fine print, customized as you would like it, through my Fine Art America gallery.

I have always had a fondness for rainbows, and I just could not resist adding one here. Only, instead of in the background, the rainbow is actually in the rays of the sun. The person who bought it (and who actually came up with the name Mr. Rainbow Sun) always said the sun looked like it was dancing across the canvas.

This is the most viewed post on my blog, the most viewed image in both the Fine Arts and the Daily Paintworks galleries - apparently there are quite a few people who like Mr. Rainbow Sun! I do too!


3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

His face is perfection and I think this is a neat idea, Nan.

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Nan, is this your entry for this year? It is so imaginative. I like how you blended the sun and rainbow into one theme. Very fitting since you couldn't have one without the other. Nice work!

Nan Johnson said...

Thanks Sherry! And thank you Jean. No, this piece is not this years sun - I'm still working on that. And the deadline is Monday, so I'm working feverishly. But I wanted to show some of the older suns I've done. Will post another tonight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...