Thursday, January 29, 2015

Red Heels


6x6 acrylic on stretched canvas
with 2 inch sides
available via DPW auction click here

I have been away for a bit & I'm sorry. I have been very busy with my day job (database programming) and am just about finished with a major project. Hopefully Sunday will be the end, as I upload the changes (which watching the Super Bowl). 

In the meantime, I thought I would upload an image of a painting I did last year, I believe. Red Heels was 1 of a small series of shoe paintings I had done. I had become captivated by shoes at one time, and wanted to paint them all. I have always had a great shoe love, which is actually a bit funny. When I was a teenager, I was barefoot almost all the time! But later on I developed a love for the high heel, and went about buying many, many pairs.

I inherited a very small foot from my mother (mine are a 4-1/2 or 5, my mother's were a size 4!). It always makes finding shoes a bit difficult, as many manufacturers start at size 6. So, when I was younger, I would often buy the larger size and then stuff tissues into the toe area to help keep the shoes on! A few years of doing that and I developed terrible foot cramps, and I had no idea why! (laughing out loud here). As the doctor explained "spreading your toes to keep your shoes on will create a problem." Okay, but the shoes - all those beautiful shoes that didn't come in my size! 

I did survive my high heel faze (that lasted well over a decade). Today I am older, and a bit wiser - well, at least I know I do not like foot cramps. My shoes have modest heels, or are flats, and I enjoy the comfort they offer me. And fortunately there are now more manufacturers making size 5's! 

By the way, for anyone who loves shoes but can't get to the stores. The company Zappos (www.zappos.com) is wonderful. Many varieties, easy to search, many sizes. Most shoes get reviews from other buyers. And shipping is free! Even returns! 


1 comment:

Nelvia said...

Looking good, these are skyscrapers. Hope you get to,enjoy some of th game. Hate it when work interferes with art, but you got your priorities right, especially if you want to,eat. Glad you are back and look forward to more,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...