Thursday, July 24, 2014

Infinite Sky - an auction for charity

"Infinite Sky"
9x12 acrylic on stretched canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

No, you are not seeing double. This is my painting "Infinite Sky" that I posted recently. The painting has not changed, but my thought for it has.

"Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday! Alas, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits!" Ok, I'm not quite that old but I so love the hobbits that I felt the need to quote old Bilbo!  

But it really is my birthday today and I thought about doing something special. I thought about a giveaway - maybe a painting, maybe a commissioned piece. But I wanted it to be something more than just a giveaway. So instead, I am altering the auction on this piece that I painted in honor of the lost souls on Malaysia Flight #17. 

This piece is up for auction, now with no shipping costs - and 100% of the auction sale will be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatrics AIDs Foundation. Many of the Aids research foundations have taken a hard hit from this air disaster as some who were killed were key people on aids research & were on their way to the annual Aids conference in Australia.

I have lowered the starting bid to only $30. If you had even thought of bidding on this piece before, please hesitate no more. Help to make a difference.

Thank you!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a wonderfully altruistic gift. I so hope it sells, Nancie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...