Monday, April 28, 2014

Zealand Homestead


"Zealand Homestead"
9x12 acrylic on canvas board
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This was originally painted for the Virtual Paintout when it visited Denmark. Located in Zealand, Denmark - I loved the lines in this. And the trees that formed a canopy over the roadway. Denmark (at least as far as Google maps goes) have wonderful cloud formations as well. I like the horizontal lines of the sky & horizon mixing with the vertical lines of the road & farm field.

--------------------------

On a separate note, the commissioned lighthouse is done. It is sitting on the easel now, and I will leave it there for a few days. I'll grab glimpses of it each day & see what bothers me or what I feel isn't working quite right. But I have to say, I am quite pleased with it. I haven't shown an image of it to the client yet - I will email her in a few days time I think. And I have to say, I thought I understood perspective well enough - until I did this painting! I'll explain more when I post the final piece in a few days.

Also, watch for my announcement regarding a Pet Portrait giveaway! Yes, I plan to do another pet portrait giveaway in May. Details will be posted in a few days also.



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I agree with you on the lines in this piece, Nan. Definitely adds to interest. I think this is beautiful and once again reminds me of a wish to live on a farm. Glad you have the lighthouse piece finished. Can't wait to see it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...