Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunflower Field


"Sunflower Field"
6x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Who doesn't love the sunflower? It is probably one of the happiest flowers - face full of golden sunlight. A true nature's child filled with summertime shine. So what's better than 1 sunflower? A field of sunflowers!!

This painting was painted in June of last year, and although I checked back through my posts, I can't seem to find the original one for this. I think it was painted for a DPW challenge.

I've painted quite a few sunflowers, in a variety of styles. I love this particular one because of the freestyle strokes in it. Those flowers are strokes of color that are layered onto one another - not the easiest of techniques to do with acrylics. There isn't a thickness in this, not like you would get with oils. Only the illusion of texture. 

I like this one so much, I made it my cover art on my Facebook page - Nan Johnson Fine Art.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...