Monday, February 17, 2014

Tulips


"Tulips"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

If you like tulips, I think you will like the batch of them! Spring time blooms of yellow, orange & red, all offset by an abundance of the green tulip leaves. Those leaves are so difficult to keep fresh, then tend to bend & crease so easily.

I love to see a large grouping of tulips in bloom, it has such a wonderful look and always makes me smile. I am looking forward to seeing them this spring, both in the gardens & within the city (NYC). They are a common flower in the assorted planters on the streets of Manhattan, and also the gardens down in Battery Park. I'll be out there again, with my camera, as soon as this snow melts enough to get around. But they are forecasting more for tomorrow. 

Spring, you will be most welcome when you do arrive!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Tulips do herald the spring and I think these are lovely, Nancie! Such bright sunshiney colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...