Monday, February 24, 2014

One Flight Up


"One Flight Up"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

This is a home located in Valparaiso, Chile - which was an older VPO I participated in. I was struck by the yellow house & sun-lit stones, along with the redish-brown stone, and blue flowers. A great color combination.

----------------------------------
Artists Note:
I've been studying & reading up on impressionism lately - don't be surprised to see a totally different style painting being posted soon as I want to try one. I love impressionism, but I am constantly doing the details. I wonder if I can achieve the look?


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the wall with blue flowers. Gorgeous! Your thumbnail is showing a Van Gogh piece you've done for Following the Masters blog. That was impressionism and a beautiful painting, Nan.

Nan Johnson said...

I remember that challenge Sherry, and I did a piece of a Van Gogh for that (it also sold!). But rather than follow a master's painting, I want to do one that I normally would do in my usual style and go impressionistic with it. Just trying to go a bit outside the box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...