Saturday, February 8, 2014

3 Tulips


"3 Tulips"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

I recently had dinner with a few old high school friends and they made mention of my artwork. They are enjoying the art I've been posting lately on my Facebook page. Some are surprised  as they didn't know I did artwork, others made mention that they intended to buy something. One girl, Sue, said she wanted to buy something but had to "figure out" all this paypal stuff. She did mention that she likes flowers. 

So, for Sue, and also for the rest of us who are thinking spring in the back of our minds, I thought I would post a few flower paintings. This one was done in 2012 again for a challenge. The instruction was to paint the flowers in a bold color & pattern. I don't recall what the original photograph looked like, but I do know that the colors you see were my choice. I wanted the tulip petals to look bright against the sea of green leaves.

Hope you enjoy this little touch of spring - speaking of which, is only.....



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is beautiful, Nancie. I like the way the color of the petals pop from the green leaves. Also, love your spring countdown. Made me smile. I could wallow in winter for quite a bit more...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...