Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sunflower Profile


"Sunflower Profile"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in 2011, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW
at a very affordable starting bid!

Day 2 of 365 days has found us in the middle of a nasty winter storm -- blizzard warnings in fact. As I watched the snow traveling past the window horizontally I thought of summer. I thought of warm temperatures, sun on my face, and sunflowers. Sunflowers always make me smile, and I have said it before - I never met a sunflower I didn't like (or couldn't paint!). Love these happy faces of sunny yellow!

As a note, I am not participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. However, I have made a decision for 2014 to post art every day on my blog & in Daily Paintworks or eBay. It is one of the art resolutions that I had set for myself. I am also planning to do at least 1 new painting every week - more if I can. 

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do so much prefer the winter to the summer! Both have plusses for me, but the winter is definitely a favorite of mine. The sunflower is beautiful, Nancie!

Nancy Goldman said...

That sounds like a great resolution Nan. I really like the view of the flower in this painting. It looks like the flower is speaking to someone outside of the painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...