Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sunflower Profile


"Sunflower Profile"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in 2011, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW
at a very affordable starting bid!

Day 2 of 365 days has found us in the middle of a nasty winter storm -- blizzard warnings in fact. As I watched the snow traveling past the window horizontally I thought of summer. I thought of warm temperatures, sun on my face, and sunflowers. Sunflowers always make me smile, and I have said it before - I never met a sunflower I didn't like (or couldn't paint!). Love these happy faces of sunny yellow!

As a note, I am not participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. However, I have made a decision for 2014 to post art every day on my blog & in Daily Paintworks or eBay. It is one of the art resolutions that I had set for myself. I am also planning to do at least 1 new painting every week - more if I can. 

2 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh I do so much prefer the winter to the summer! Both have plusses for me, but the winter is definitely a favorite of mine. The sunflower is beautiful, Nancie!

Nancy Goldman said...

That sounds like a great resolution Nan. I really like the view of the flower in this painting. It looks like the flower is speaking to someone outside of the painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive