Thursday, January 16, 2014

Purple Flowers


"Purple Flowers"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction


Day 16 of 365 days

This was previously painted in 2013 for the VPO when it was visiting the Isle of Man. I actually painted the house with a bit more of an abstract feel to it. And very little detail in the house. More to the leaves and purple flowers.

I like to experiment with styles, and actually plan to study a few this year to try a few different "looks." 

It's funny, it has been years since I've painted in oils, but I often look at a painting (such as this one) and just know how I would redo it with oils. I am missing that "thick" paint and the ability to stroke with texture so easily. Hmmmmm, maybe I need to get reacquainted with oils again - at least for a few paintings. Ok, it's on the list to do this year!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...