Monday, January 6, 2014

Cape Cod Lighthouse


"Cape Cod Lighthouse"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is my first submission to VPO's January's challenge in Cape Cod, Massachusettes. The original google view can be seen here. This lighthouse is the Nauset Light Beach located in Eastham MA.

I chose this scene because, well, if you say "Cape Cod" you are bound to say "lighthouse" as well. (there are other words as well, but lighthouse is one of the main ones I think). In fact, quite a few people in the challenge are painting lighthouses.

The scene for this one is very inviting from the street, with a what looks like a split rail fence running across the front. But I chose to zoom in (you know me & how I love closeups!) and focus on the buildings. Plus I loved the path leading up to it. I wanted this scene to look a bit story bookish and I think I succeeded.

I have more scenes picked for this months VPO, so another painting will be coming soon. I'm not planning on another lighthouse painting, but who knows?


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...