Sunday, December 22, 2013

Flower with Glass


"Flower with Glass"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction


First, I have to say I am sorry for my absence of late. Between painting commissioned pieces that were needed for Christmas, painting a couple of my own pieces to be gifts, the weather, the holidays .... much happening of late. We also lost a member of our family recently, my mother-in-law. A lovely woman, full of grace, lived to 92 years of age. God bless, and she is in a better place now. All of these things chipped away at my time - along with a full-time job (non-art). So much of what I have posted of late has been my older pieces - which I have been in the process of putting up for auction at DPW. 

However, I felt the need to do some new pieces - and something that was a departure from the houses I've been painting. Paint and Draw together is a blog challenge that I've taken part in quite a few times in the past, but have been away from recently. I decided to rejoin their challenges with this - the glass with flower. Besides, who can resist painting glass? I know I can't.

None of this painting has the details I'm known to do - again, I needed the departure. And although I struggled with this, in the long run, I enjoyed painting this. The background is a mix of deep purple with Alizarin Crimson to give it a deep, color base. Then the glass lines & flower shapes were added on top. 

I have a couple of other paintings in the works - I hope to post them later this week. 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

So sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law, Nancie. This painting is so lovely and makes me want to pause and settle for a few minutes of self-indulgent peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...