Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fire & Ice


"Fire & Ice"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction


This piece is for the November Virtual Paintout, which is in Iceland. The original Google link can be seen by clicking here. I love roaming all over Iceland this month & I'm sure I will do at least one more painting of the region. I love how the VPO gives you a chance to explore an area that you normally would not travel to. Iceland is fascinating, I think. 

When I saw this scene I just knew I would paint it. Grabbed the screen shot & the  URL link (I made sure I had it this time!), then printed it & studied it. I wanted to depict a cold & warm contrast in the painting - and I used the colors to show it. 

I have also submitted this for the Art Challenge Gallery (ACG) group's current challenge called "Fire & Ice." (I'll update with a link to the actual Fire & Ice gallery once it's online. ACG has many talented artists and if you haven't explored it yet, you definitely should!) As I commented when I submitted this, it was done in 1 sitting & I let the brush and paint do the driving. I just kept the image in mind that I wanted. I really like the finished piece!


2 comments:

renate said...

Wow Nan! This is so beautiful. You have absolutely the fire and ice in your painting. Beautiful colors and even more beautiful reflections. Really great. Thick compliments!

Autumn Leaves said...

Great title and a beautiful landscape (waterscape?). Really pretty, Nancie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...