Sunday, November 10, 2013

Colorado Highway 83


"Colorado Highway 83"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is a painting I previously painted in 2011 as part of the challenge at Lee A. Brown Photography. I know I've mentioned him before - I've participated in quite a few of his art challenges in the past. In fact, I'm working on his current one now.

I played with color in this one, I wanted to enhance that prarie grass in the background. It had a blue tint in his photograph and I wanted it to show strong in the painting. Here's a link to his original photograph & challenge. The link will also show you the other artists renditions - many artists love to follow his blog and photos. And each month, he offers one of his fantastic photos as an art challenge. 




1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I remember doing this one too. Love your version, Nancie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...