Thursday, November 28, 2013

Coating of Snow


"Coating of Snow"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in early 2013, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW
at a very affordable starting bid!

This is another from the 30 days painting challenge that happened back in January. In fact, this was the first one done in that series. I wanted to capture the first major snowfall of the season, and I used the lilac colors to try & depict the glistening of the snow. I enjoyed painting this one very much, often holding my brush in my hand as if it were a palette knife. 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

My favorite color combination is blue, green, and purple. This has it all!! Lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...