Monday, September 16, 2013

Standing Tall


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in 2010, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW
at a very affordable starting bid!

I have never been to Hawaii, but hopefully I will get there one day. When the VPO visited the islands in Hawaii, I couldn't wait to wander. I had originally intended to do a beach scene, since Hawaii is known for it's beaches - but I wanted to focus on their lush greenery. And of course, palms. I was amazed by the large, straight, tall trees that I found everywhere. I saw this scene and decided to paint it - I liked the perspective and colors.

I think the composition in this one is striking, with the tall trees against the sky - the clouds backlighting them. Then add the palm fronds in the foreground, with their varying greens. I still like this painting!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Each leaf a brushstroke...How do you do it, Nancie? Beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...