Sunday, August 18, 2013

Leaves Reflecting - SOLD

Acrylic on 8x10 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This painting proved to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be. I always loved working with greens, but for some reason, this gave me a battle. First, I struggled with my greens. I fought with the color often, redoing the green leaf to tone the green down, then boost the green back up. 

When I finally reached the point of having a green mix to work with, I struggled with the layout, then with the ripples, and then lastly - I struggled with the camera as I tried to photograph it. Even with that - I think it looks better in person. None of the photographs or scans seem to capture the green the way my eye was seeing it in person. The image here is the best I could achieve. 

I am stamping this done. It is my entry to the ACG challenge for reflections. Time to move on to another painting before I start fussing with the greens again!

After Note: yes, I fussed with the greens, again! But I am happier with it this time!

2 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

All your efforts payed off, Nan...the green leaves and water make for a very peaceful scene. Nice work!

Autumn Leaves said...

For a green lover like me, this is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...