Friday, August 2, 2013

Center Street - SOLD


Commissioned Piece - NFS
9x12 Acrylic on canvas panel

This is another commissioned piece for the Home Portrait project I have that is ongoing with a neighboring town. I might have called this one "Flying the Flag, or maybe  "Dappled Shade" because of the shade cast by the tall trees. And these trees are very tall - I cropped them off for the painting, but they go on for quite a bit.

Painting these different style homes is proving to be quite a challenge, and I'm loving it. So many different lines on these home styles - this one is more of a ranch style - long & low. 

And everyone has a very manicured lawn & landscape. This is right up my ally, since I love to work with greens.

A few things I left out on this one. There is a lamp post at the edge of the driveway, near all the shrubs that are in front. But it didn't quite fit in with the angle of view - it is white & it gets lost with the garage door - so I left it out. Also there were small drapes of the american flag over the garage section & over the front windows. I had them in but they were totally lost in the painting & I could not get them to show clearly what they were. They would have left the viewer confused, so they were removed. The 1 American Flag remains and I think it looks very nice. 

I have 1 more new one to do, but I will need to go take a few pictures tomorrow. The owner sent a single image that she marked up with instructions and no matter how much I try & zoom in to see any details, they are lost under the arrows & writing. Looking forward to doing the next one - it's one of the older homes in town.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Nanci! That historic homes project has garnered you new business too. How wonderful. I know the owners are loving your work. I sure do!

jill polsby said...

Love this new style of painting!! Think you've found your forte'.. Congratulations on the sale!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...