Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bowl of Fruit


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in 2011, 
this painting is now on a 1-week auction at DPW
at a very affordable starting bid!

This is one of my favorite paintings (and I'm actually quite surprised that it has not sold yet). I liked that it painted itself (don't you love paintings that do that?), and I loved the yellows in the bananas against the faint blue background. And rather than blending, I left the steps of the value changes show. I thought it made the image more interesting to look at.

Oh, and I love that bowl!



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

My dad's mom always had a bowl of fruit and a separate bowl of nuts on or near her table. Funny how I'd forgotten that. Anyway, you did a wonderful job on this, Nan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...